Apr 2, 2009

The prodigal hamster (v.2)

As most hamsters do sometimes, ours (Po) escaped last week. I was worried he had hurt himself on the fall from the cage down to the ground. I set up a trap (cheese and peanut butter on a cracker, set on some bedding material in a bucket, with a ramp outside the bucket) and put seeds on the floor. I set his cage on the floor too, with the door open.

The first night, he didn't come home. Kade was distraught. I tried to comfort him with stories of Po becoming a pirate and going adventuring, looking for treasure, wondering what was outside his little caged in world, feeling the need to explore. We went to work for the day. Upon arriving home in the afternoon, we checked the trap- cheese gone, cracker halfway gone, hamster.... gone. Sneaky guy!

I then looked at the cage and found a cute little black and white ball curled up top in his nest. He came home! We were so excited and just had to get him out to make sure he was OK. Luckily, it looks like he is in great shape! The only thing I'm worried about is what he did/where he was while he was gone... at least it was only 2 days and not 2 weeks! Here are some cute pictures:



This is blurry but so funny... Po crawled up Kade's shirt and started to lick his ear... silly!


Cleaning his face!


There is your fix of cuteness for the week! I hope you enjoyed it! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here.Combinaisons