Feb 22, 2008

Getting started is always the hardest part!


I always get so excited about new projects... I love designing them, choosing out the materials, etc., but once it gets down to the actual putting together of it, I procrastinate! I have been meaning to make my sister a library tote for months now. Here are my supplies, aren't they lovely and bright? I have a vision of how it will turn out, I just hope it looks somewhat similar to what I see in my brain! I got that cute Japanese linen tape from ChocolateSwirl, I am loving Japanese fabrics lately.

I have sewn lots of totes before, but always simple gift-bag types, or sweet little girl purses. I just want it to be perfect, because, you know, people will see it! I know the only thing different will be the size, but it intimidates me. I found a couple tote tutes that I will be looking at, here are the links:

Tote Bags 101
Zip Top Tote Tute
Easy Peasy Tote
Reversible Tote Bag
Bags, Totes, and Purse Sewing Projects

I will post a picture when it's done!

No comments: